Systems Engineer (Senior-level)
TS/SCI w/ ability to pass CI Poly
Compensation: Highly Competitive, Excellent Benefits
Overall Assignment Description:
Systems Engineer for analytic support to the Analysis Technology and Tradecraft Office for strategic transformation. As outlined in Section 3.1 of this SOW, support engineering and integration efforts with key mission partners (e.g. NRO and NSA) delivering significant modernization capabilities with the goal of leveraging these partnerships to identify opportunities for mission partners to assist NGA to align current and future technology transformation efforts with current and future architecture planning, development, and implementation, while organically advancing NGA’s modernization efforts. Assist AT in understanding interdependencies within NGA and with mission partners, communicate resource tradeoffs that need to be made, and help develop short-term and long-term strategic approaches that support mission transformation. Review and draft documentation to include management briefs and user outreach on project activities.
This position will report primarily to the AT Deputy Director for Strategic Transformation and support AT on cross-project strategic integration issues.
Skills and Experience:
- Assist the DD/AT to address architecture dependencies and ensure all AT strategic efforts are as aligned as possible.
- Draft documentation as needed to explain both the as-is and to-be state for the project, and capture lessons learned.
- Engage with mission customers and users to shape and define future capabilities.
- Participate in customer and program strategic and tactical planning activities.
- Participate in the development of system architectures to evolve mission services.
- Strategically assess new technologies for fit-for-use by mission services, employing quantifiable and traceable criteria to enable future decision making.
- Conduct AoAs and provide data-driven recommendations.
- Identify key decision points and provide recommendations to support strategic objectives.
- Conduct user outreach to communicate planned architecture changes, operational concepts, and project status, and accept user inputs for optimization of delivery plans.
- When needed, produce weekly activity reports for use by government customers.
- Develop and present effective technical presentations to senior management and to technical/non-technical audiences; must possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences; and conduct issue coordination within and across agencies.
- Work with customers to resolve technical and programmatic issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Mathematics / Physical Sciences/ Engineering or related technical experience.
- 12+ years of systems engineering, systems integration, or systems development experience.
- Experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, SAFe Agile acquisition product ownership, merging disparate architectures, CONOPS development, defining a vision for future work based on incomplete requirements, conducting imagery and/or geospatial analysis.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science / Mathmatics / Physical Sciences/ Engineering or related technical experience.
- 2+ years of experience in one or more disciplines of GEOINT analytic tradecraft and analysis production system development
- 2+ years of experience in government acquisition processes.
- 1+ years of experience in agile Systems development.
- Prior experience in NGA Analysis or similar analysis organization.