Database Administrator (Senior-level)
TS/SCI w/ ability to pass CI Poly
Compensation: Competitive, Excellent Benefits
Overall Assignment Description:
Assists in leading the Foundation GEOINT Standards (FGS) database management and FGS-DPS Cloud buildout to include database migration, edits, report generations and database administration, API integration with the user interface (UI) development.
- Assist in leading the Source Foundation GEOINT (SF) Standards Team in the role of building, maintaining useable database environment and structure to support the enhancement and maintenance of cloud based applications.
- Assist the customer in defining and shaping the FGS cloud based, DevOps strategic vision and buildout of SF symbology data-driven online presence using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) DevOps technologies.
- Strong team player, self-starter, comfortable working in a complex/multifaceted development environment
- Attend and contribute to the Defense Geospatial Information Working Group (DGIWG) technical meeting, an international Symbology Standards forum.
- Ability to work independently and as a team leader under tight deadlines managing priorities
- Ensure connectivity between application programing interface (APIs) both internal and external
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-contractor / government organization
- Ability to work with international partners, travelling to meet face-to-face when necessary but also able to work well via email and teleconference
- Provide expertise to interpret and implement customer data requirements
- Maintain and track an Agile schedule in an appropriate project management capability (Redmine, JIRA, etc.)
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree IT, Computer Science or relevant field plus 6 +years’ experience to include 2+ years of Database Administration, System Engineering, System Integration, and/or Web Development experience
- 12 + years of experience in related field, with 3 year of recent NGA/IC experience
- Experience and knowledge of the NGA/DGIWG Data Product Specifications
- Understanding of the Global, Regional, Local and Urban/Specialized (GRLS) topographic data stores
- Experience with cloud-based or DevOps environment and/or open source capabilities (GitLab, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Jenkins, AWS (Amazon Web Service) technologies, etc.)
- Familiarity with Cloud Services (Platform as a Service, Database as a Service, etc.)
- Knowledge of the NSG, preferably experience providing systems engineering to high visibility NSG segments