The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Expert Systems Engineer will provide submitted matter expertise on process and tool implementation in support of the transition from a legacy ITSM Tool, Remedy to the ITSM Modernization Tool, “ServiceNow” under the Service+ Program. The Systems Engineer shall provided insight to the customer on best practices for the transition, adoption, and offering the ITSM Platform as a managed service offering.
Position Responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct engineering assessments and cost/benefits analysis for determining and comparing whether to purchase, customize, or configure Service+ options for the customer to meet mission needs.
- Determine implications of how business and operational changes on how Service+ implementation of ITSM processes compare to the current “As Is” Processes for the difference process areas.
- Develop user stories, and review or amend current integrated storyboards for current and future sprints.
- Develop a Change Management Working Charter and identify the scope and approach for the working group.
- Provide ITSM expertise, and apply and recommend best practices and processes as it relates to this effort.
- Propose key performance indicators, performance measures, and success criteria for implementing ITSM Processes.
- Develop governance artifacts on how organizations can submit their business needs to have applications developed for the Service+ platform and outlines technical guidance for organization looking to develop their own applications for the platform
- Perform functional testing and review of test reports for each ITSM module as development is completed.
- Continuously provide oversight of technical development and testing of Service+ Platform
- Work with other integrators to include content, infrastructure, and application to enable deployment of new capabilities to production based on the Service+ Program schedule.
- Knowledgeable and follows Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) principles for the development of new capabilities. Possess working knowledge of agile development principles in order to understand the processes and cadence followed during development and requirements generation.
- Actively participate in meetings such as weekly inter-program technical meetings to identify integration issues, report to the project office, and develop/implement integration plans as required.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 16+ years of systems engineering, systems integration, or software development experience, with a minimum of 5 years of recent agency-specific experience
- 5+ years of business process assessment, analysis and development to meet customer’s need
- 10+ years of experience with IT / Infrastructure concepts (servers, compute, networks)
- 5+ years technical experience supporting IC systems infrastructure
- 5+ years managing or leading a project during its system development life cycle
- ITIL Certifications at the minimum to an foundations level
- Demonstrated experience implement ITIL best practices in the IC space
- Demonstrated experience deploying ServiceNow ITSM with IC customers
- Demonstrated experience with IT Operations
- Demonstrated experience with Agile software development
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective customer relationships
- Demonstrated ability to possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present effective technical presentations to senior management
- ITIL Certifications at the practitioner or intermediate level
- Familiarity with NGA missions, organizations, practices, and procedures to enable successful integration.
- Experience with emerging cloud environments and technologies, especially AWS or C2S
- Experience developing CONOPS, implementation plans, strategic plans, and other client artifacts to meet mission needs and services.