The Verification, Validation and Transition (VV&T) team is responsible for technical support of the planning and execution of enterprise and system-level verification, validation and transition activities for national assets, associated ground segments and services, and information processing systems within the enterprise. The team supports the recommended closure of enterprise and system requirements; independent verification, validation and test in support of delivered system capabilities and mission closure, overseeing readiness events in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level test milestones; leading and supporting project planning; assessing schedule and risk; generating and presenting engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers. This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure.
Key Responsibilities Include:
In support of the Verification, Validation and Transition (VV&T) team, the candidate is required to have a strong SIGINT test engineering background and significant space and ground domain knowledge in customer mission technical capabilities and performance. The candidate may have daily interaction with the customer and supporting contractors, and will need to follow customer standards and processes as the program matures through the life cycle. Candidate will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings.
Activities supported may include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluation of architecture, requirements, risks and opportunities, and processes for VV&T impacts;
- Definition of VV&T activities and associated VV&T products (e.g., strategies, plans, schedules, Requests for Change (RFC), procedures, checklists, RVTMs, briefings, etc.) for new and modified mission and service capabilities
- Lead or support the execution of those VV&T activities (e.g. Test events, Transitions, Milestone Readiness Events)
- Prepare reports describing the results, risk assessment, discrepancy reporting and lessons learned of those VV&T activities
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Verification, Validation and Transition (VV&T) experience within overall customer domain
- Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally inside the work environment
- Detailed knowledge of SIGINT systems and overall space and ground architecture
- Expertise in mission technical capabilities and system performance analysis and assessment
- Experience with Mission Planning, Control or Processing functions in support of space and ground architecture
- Experience writing test strategies and plans, executing tests, analyzing data and summarizing results
- Experience in system integration and transition approaches to accommodate the End to End SIGINT lifecycle
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority