: Analyst - GEOINT/RADAR Systems Engineer
TS/SCI w/ CI Poly
Negotiable, Market Rate
This position will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) support as part of a GEOINT (RADAR and / or EO) team performing Systems Engineering and Lifecycle Readiness activities for established and emerging GEOINT systems. The candidates will ensure Integration and Closure activities for the GEOINT domain are identified and accomplished. The candidate will be a member of a team coordinating, supporting and assessing requirements, CONOPs, architecture products, system schedules, and risks, and supporting test and verification strategy and the system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities.
The selected candidate will have the aptitude to assess processes and create efficiencies continuously, and will lead GEOINT related projects. Due to the broad nature of the team workload, the selected candidate will ideally have knowledge in GEOINT end-to-end activities to include sensor operation, processing, and distribution. The candidate will lead various system readiness events and participate in independent review teams and is required to have a strong systems engineering background. The candidate will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and lead technical consultation, meeting coordination, and provide support to recommendation briefings.
The Integration and Closure team is responsible for assessing the acquisition-level closure of requirements; assessing / leading system level readiness events in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level milestones; leading and supporting project planning; generating and presenting engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers. This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure.
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Ten plus years of demonstrated experience with space/ground systems and systems engineering.
- BS in engineering, physics or related technical degree.
- Strong leadership experience to include managing technical and matrixed teams.
- Integration and Closure experience within overall customer domain, Tech Insertion experience.
- Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally inside the work environment.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and thrives to learn and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Detailed knowledge of GEOINT systems and overall space and ground architecture.
- Expertise in mission technical capabilities and system performance assessment.
- Experience with Mission Planning, Control or Processing functions in support of space and ground architecture.
- Experience identifying user & enterprise needs/requirements and gap identification, analysis and assessment.
- Experience in supporting Requirements Engineering, CONOPs development, and system integration to accommodate the End-to-End GEOINT Systems Engineering.
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority.