Overall Assignment Description:
Mid-level Cyber Security Engineers support the refinement of information security requirements and ensure that the requirements are integrated into information technology component products and information systems through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration.
- Supports development teams working to design and develop information systems or upgrade legacy systems.
- Supports product research and support Analysis of Alternative (AoA) activities that independently identify the most appropriate security solutions.
- Develops system concepts, contribute to the capability phase of the systems development lifecycle, and translate technology and environmental conditions (e.g., law and regulation) into system security designs and processes.
- Supports development and documentation of Security Architectures, Roadmaps, and investments.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Mid-level working experience in government or industry within Cyber Security Engineering.
- DoD 8570 Level I (IASAE) certification compliance Desired:
- DoD 8570 Level II (IASAE) certification compliance
- Mid-level working experience in government or industry supporting enterprise-level cyber security efforts involving architecting, designing, development, and configuration of cloud and on premise based systems and software.