Title: Chief Architecture GEOINT Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ CI Poly
Compensation: Competitive w/ Excellent Benefits
The Chief Architect team is responsible for coordinating and supporting ground requirements, CONOPS, and architectures in the remote sensing domain; supporting enterprise and system level requirements for future systems; overseeing the allocation and closure of acquisition-level requirements with developers; independent verification, validation and test in support of delivered system capabilities and mission closure, participation in readiness events in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level ground milestones; leading and supporting project planning; assessing schedule and risk; generating and presenting engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers. This team is in the process of transitioning from a traditional "systems-of-systems" SE Process to a SAFe Agile-based approach for the enterprise.
This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure. The candidate will support ground chief architecture initiatives for future systems through various system readiness events and independent review teams and is required to have strong GEOINT ground systems engineering background and significant space and ground domain knowledge in customer mission technical capabilities and performance.
The candidate will support ground and enterprise teams coordinating, establishing and assessing requirements, CONOPS and architecture products, assessing system and segment schedule and risks, supporting test and verification strategy and system integration of new systems and initiatives in support of expanded ground capabilities. It is desired that the candidate has experience with SAFe Agile at an enterprise (multi-contract) level to support the government team in their transition.
The candidate will have daily interaction with the customer and supporting contractors, and will need to follow customer standards and processes as the program matures through the life cycle. Candidate will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings.
The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Coordinate and support ground requirements, CONOPS, and architectures in the remote sensing domain
- Support enterprise and system level requirements for future systems
- Oversee the allocation and closure of acquisition-level requirements with developers
- Provide independent verification/validation/test in support of delivered system capabilities and mission closure
- Participate in readiness events in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level ground milestones
- Lead and support project planning, as well as assess schedule and risk
- Active TS/SCI clearance with CI Poly
- BS in engineering, physics or related technical degree with more than 9 years’ experience with space/ground aerospace systems engineering/architecting
- Integration and closure experience within overall customer domain, plus Tech Insertion experience
- Detailed knowledge of GEOINT remote sensing systems and overall space and ground architecture
- Expertise in mission technical capabilities and system performance analysis and assessment
- Experience with Mission Processing or Mission Control functions in support of space and ground architecture
- Experience identifying user & enterprise needs/requirements and gap identification, analysis and assessment
- Experience in supporting Requirements Engineering, Conops development, and system integration to accommodate the End to End GEOINT Systems Engineering.
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
- Familiarity with Government customer as well as technical familiarity with mission processing or mission control of one or more GEOINT systems, including sensor knowledge.
- Ability to work for specific IC customer and familiarity with that customer’s processes and organization.