Title: DevOps Systems Engineer
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ CI Poly
Compensation: Competitive w/ Excellent Benefits
This position will serve as a DevOps/Agile Systems Engineer Technical Assistant (SETA) conducting oversight and evaluation of developers' DevOps/Agile processes and deliveries. The SETA candidate will help transition SIGINT ground programs from traditional waterfall to DevOps/Agile processes. Also, the SETA will provide recommendations for DevOps/Agile process improvements and/or efficiencies while working with the SIGINT ground Acquisition Offices (AOs) and operational users of the systems.
The candidate will also support SIGINT ground initiatives for future systems through lifecycle acquisition and readiness events. The candidate will help the customer transition to acquisitions leveraging DevOps/Agile principles to define capability roadmaps, epics, solutions/portfolios and features necessary to prioritize developer backlogs in alignment with capability deliveries to operations. The candidate will support DevOps/Agile best practices on teams coordinating CONOPS and architecture products, establishing and translating requirements into features, assessing system and segment schedule and risks, leading readiness and release planning events in support of system and acquisition-level ground milestones, and supporting agile test and DevOps verification strategies and integration of new systems and initiatives in support of expanded SIGINT mission capabilities.
The selected candidate will have the aptitude to assess DevOps/Agile and SE processes and create efficiencies continuously, and may lead projects for systems team work, have frequent client interactions (with GPOC customers, COTRs/AOs, and developers), and support system and mission strategy development across the various ground offices. The candidate will have daily interaction with the customer and supporting contractors, and will need to follow customer standards and processes as the program matures through the life cycle.
Candidate will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs), the operational users, and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings. This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with CI Poly
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline with more than eight years’ experience with space/ground aerospace systems engineering. Systems Engineering degree preferred
- Former DevOps systems engineering experience
- Ability to lead transformation of traditional SE waterfall processes to Agile and DevOps
- Preferred experience with using Agile and DevOps Atlassian tool suite, i.e. Confluence and JIRA
- Passion for learning and knowledge transfer of Agile and DevOps methodologies, and mentoring workforce
- Preferred former experience working with the prime contract’s Intelligence Community (IC) customer