Title: SIGINT Ground Systems Engineer
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ CI Poly
Compensation: Competitive w/ Excellent Benefits
The selected candidate will be a member of the End-to-End SIGINT Ground SE team responsible for performing end-to-end analysis to ensure SIGINT Ground systems closure in order to support Enterprise milestones.
The position duties can vary depending on the point in the system lifecycle but can include: requirements, architecture and interfaces, test planning and verification, and support to ad hoc project execution tasks. The selected candidate will perform technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analysis for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Chosen candidate will ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Candidate will also perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with the development teams to understand the SIGINT Ground requirements, which includes performing full requirements traceability in support of requirements verification, sell-off, and closure
- Knowing the SIGINT Ground system interfaces
- Understanding the schedule, data and architecture needs of the SIGINT Ground programs to support to Enterprise system level tests
- Reviewing segment level test scenarios and test reports to provide oversight into the final design reviews and recommendation to move the system throughout its milestones to be used by the customer
- Maintaining/developing associated requirements and interface documents for the program and assisting in developing/reviewing Acquisition Strategies and Acquisition Packages, Request for Changes (RFCs), Statement of Works (SOWs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and development contracts
- Tracking project execution
- Identifying and mitigating project risk
- Briefing senior government customers, and
- Working collaboratively in a multi-contractor, FFRDC and government environment
- Active TS/SCI clearance with CI Poly
- BS in engineering, physics or related technical degree with the following experience in space/ground aerospace systems engineering (based on level)
- Strong business acumen with ability to relate professionally inside the work environment
- Experience with Mission Planning, Control or Processing functions in support of space and ground architecture
- Experience identifying user and enterprise needs/requirements and gap identification, analysis and assessment