GEOINT Agile Systems Engineer
TS/SCI w/ CI Poly
Competitive w/ Excellent Benefits
This position will serve as a technical member of a dynamic systems engineering team supporting the GEOINT Ground (G2) organization. The candidate will lead GEOINT ground initiatives for future systems through lifecycle acquisition and readiness events and is required to have strong GEOINT systems engineering background and space and ground domain knowledge in customer mission technical capabilities and performance.
The candidate will help the customer transition to acquisitions leveraging agile principles to define capability roadmaps, epics, solutions/portfolios and features necessary to prioritize developer backlogs in alignment with capability deliveries. The candidate will provide subject matter expertise and agile best practices to teams coordinating conops and architecture products, establishing and translating requirements into features, assessing system and segment schedule and risks, leading readiness and release planning events in support of system and acquisition-level ground milestones, and supporting agile test and devops verification strategies and integration of new systems and initiatives in support of expanded GEOINT mission capabilities.
The selected candidate will have the aptitude to assess agile and SE processes and create efficiencies continuously, and may lead projects for systems team work, have frequent client interactions, and support system and mission strategy development across the various ground offices. The candidate will have daily interaction with the customer and supporting contractors, and will need to follow customer standards and processes as the program matures through the life cycle.
Candidate will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings. This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with CI Poly
- BS in engineering, physics or related technical degree with the following experience in space/ground aerospace systems engineering (based on level)
- Knowledge of GEOINT remote sensing systems and overall space and ground architecture including mission control and/or mission processing functions
- Experience supporting agile acquisition strategy, development and release planning, as well as continuous integration initiatives supporting mission capability releases enabling End to End GEOINT missions
- Proven communication skills especially with senior (Lt Colonel and above) government officials.
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and collaborate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
- Familiarity with overall GEOINT ground customer, including technical familiarity with mission control and/or processing of one or more GEOINT systems (including sensor knowledge)
- Ability to work for prime contract’s IC customer and familiarity with that customer’s processes and organization