Title: Ground Systems Engineer- Mid level
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance: TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a Polygraph
Compensation: Competitive w/ Excellent Benefits
This position will serve as a member of the Infrastructure and Mission Services Division (IMSD) Ground Enterprise Systems Engineer (ESE) SETA team. This position requires extensive experience and understanding of the customer community and domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering skills. The candidate will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic expertise for integration of shared services and shared mission applications; overseeing the acquisition-level closure of requirements; overseeing system level readiness events in support of enterprise system, and system and acquisition-level milestones; assessing schedule and risk; generating and presenting engineering briefings.
The selected candidate must have knowledge of Future Ground Architecture and experience with Major Systems Acquisitions. The candidate will track Acquisition Office activities and assess performance against meeting community Statement of Capabilities (SOCs) across missions. The selected candidate must have knowledge of IC Information Technology Environment (IC ITE) and IC Standards. The selected candidate will be responsible for coordinating, supporting, and assessing requirements, CONOPs, and architecture produces, assessing services schedule and risks, supporting test and verification strategy and system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities.
- Qualified candidates must have demonstrated experience with space/ground systems and systems engineering
- Must have an active TS/SCI
- BS Degree in engineering, physics, or related technical degree
- Working knowledge of Future Ground Architecture and experience with Customer Major Systems Acquisitions
- Strong technical fundamentals of IT Service Management and core concepts of engineering ASP/ISP systems and cloud-based solutions
- Strong understanding of ICITE capabilities, policies, and best practices for cloud adoption.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with team lead to prioritize tasks
- Domain Knowledge in Ground Systems and Data Tagging
- Experience in requirements engineering, CONOPS development, verification, test, and system integration to accomodate End to End Systems Engineering in support of cutomer's missions
- Proven adaptability as demonstrated through experience with daily interaction on-site with the government customer